Happy New Year! So, what are your New Year’s resolutions… and how many have you already broken? The reason most resolutions fail, is that we don’t have a plan. So, as you finalize your business and marketing plans or your nutrition and fitness plans, don’t forget your Image Plan! What? You don’t have an Image Plan? No problem, I’ll walk you through it below. (If you’d like a copy of my Image Plan template, just click here.)
Image Plan Steps:
Answer the following questions. The answers can vary depending on the audience or situation.
1) What message am I trying to communicate?
- Message: I want to be seen as the expert in my subject matter. Audience: Presentation attendees.
- Message: I want to be seen as an attractive, intelligent, single woman. Audience: Single men.
2) Is my current appearance helping or hurting this message? Why?
- My professional wardrobe is stuck in the 80’s and I feel they make me look out-of-date and less credible.
- My dating clothes are non-existent! I just wear what I wear to work.
3) What areas would I like to improve?
- I need a more modern, polished, professional style.
- I need to buy suitable clothes for date nights, or at least see what options are in my closet.
- I’ve had the same hair cut for ages! Time for a new cut and color.
- I need to be more conscious of my body language so I am more approachable.
Of course, once you have gone through the discovery process, you need to create an Action Plan. List the individual objective and what steps you are going to take to accomplish it.
Objective: Update my professional style to compliment my up-to-date business expertise.
- Schedule a Closet and Style Makeover with Carolyn by January 10th.
Objective: Create two go-to outfits that are date night worthy!
- Clean out my closet and call Carolyn to go shopping by January 15th!
If you need any help or advice in completing your Image Plan, schedule a complimentary half-hour session with be me during the month of January.
My Top Ten Reasons:
Why 2013 is Your Year to Invest in Your Image
- The expression: “You Only Get One Chance to Make a First Impression” is true! So, don’t blow it.
- Dressing more polished and professional can equate to a 15% increase in your earnings.
- Reduce your stress of getting dressed each morning; organize your closet!
- Save time by having a well-edited wardrobe with your favorite go-to outfits.
- Because black isn’t the only color that makes you look slimmer.
- Because until you lose those ten pounds, you can actually dress like you have.
- Your spouse it really tired of hearing you whine “I have nothing to wear!” each morning.
- Trust me, going to work naked is not a good idea.
- If you look and feel confident, you will be confident!